How can Debt-Claims Help you Recover Money Owed Pursuant to a Court Order?

A court order for money is known as County Court Judgment (CCJ) and is usually issued by the County Court Business Centre (CCBC) or the County Court Money Claims Centre (CCMCC). However, court orders and judgments can be issued by any court across the country, particularly following a trial or hearing.

Whilst a court order entitles you to a sum of money, getting the debtor to pay what’s owed under the order can at times be the hard part and specific enforcement might be needed.

Whilst you don’t have to send a letter before action to a debtor when you’re owed money under a judgment, it can be a useful tactic, particularly if there has been a passage of time between the order being made and your intention to enforce it. When sending a letter before action via Debt-Claims in respect of a court order, our portal asks you specific questions about the judgment so that maximum information is provided to the debtor to narrow any issues and increase prospects of payment.

As with the letter before action, there is no requirement to issue fresh proceedings to enforce the judgment and you can proceed straight to enforcement. With Debt-Claims, we offer all enforcement methods and all updates are provided direct to our portal which keeps everything centralised and easy to follow. The costs of the most common methods of enforcement (Court Bailiff and High Court Enforcement Officers) are fully recoverable from debtor, meaning that you keep every penny owed to you.

For debtors who don’t pay following enforcement or if you want to begin insolvency proceedings without enforcement, then with the Debt-Claims’ portal you can instruct us to draft and send a statutory demand and winding-up/bankruptcy petition.

If you are unsure on how you want to enforce a court order, then contact Debt-Claims today to discuss.

Contact via
WordPress Video Lightbox