The Impact of Personal Bankruptcy on Creditors

Personal bankruptcy can significantly affect creditors, who often face the loss of expected payments and complex legal processes. This article explores the effects of personal bankruptcy on creditors, from the initial filing to the discharge of debts, offering insights into the processes involved and strategies for creditors to mitigate losses. Understanding Personal Bankruptcy Personal bankruptcy […]

Favourable Decision Related To Enforcing Foreign Judgments Via Winding Up

The recent High Court decision in Re a Company [2024] EWHC 1070 (Ch) has significant implications for creditors seeking to enforce foreign judgment debts through winding up petitions in England. The Court’s ruling addressed whether any limitation period under English law could prevent the presentation of such petitions. This article explores the case details, the […]

Recognising the Signs of Financial Trouble in a Business

In business, financial stability can be a fleeting concept. We often encounter clients who are caught off guard by the economic troubles of their business partners or clients. Recognising the signs of financial distress early can prevent significant losses and provide opportunities to address issues before they escalate. Knowing how to identify when a business […]

Fee Changes Affecting Debt Recovery and Company Formations

County Court Judgement Spike

The recent statistics released by Registry Trust paint a concerning picture: County Court Judgments (CCJs) in England and Wales have seen a significant rise in the final quarter of 2023. This follows a year of ongoing increases, raising questions about the financial strain many individuals and businesses are facing. What are CCJs? A County Court […]

Debt Collection Concerns for Consumers

The rising cost of living is putting a strain on everyone’s finances. A recent joint statement from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) alongside Ofgem, Ofwat, and Ofcom highlights a growing concern: increased pressure on consumers struggling with debt. This isn’t just about missed payments on utility bills or phone contracts. The FCA specifically warns about […]

A Haulage Dispute Resolved

A client in the freight and haulage industry approached us with a significant debt worry. They were owed roughly £8,500 by a customer who had become entirely unresponsive to attempts to collect the money. Feeling increasingly pessimistic about ever seeing the funds again, the client sought our help in recovering what was rightfully theirs. Understanding […]

Recovering Unpaid Parking Charges

This case study highlights how Debt-Claims Solicitors successfully recovered an apparently uncollectable debt for a client in the parking enforcement industry. Our client, a parking enforcement company, was owed £800 by a motorist who had persistently ignored parking charges. After trying to recover the debt for two months without success, they turned to us for […]

Fee Changes Affecting Debt Recovery and Company Formations

Fee Changes Affecting Debt Recovery and Company Formations

Here at Debt-Claims Solicitors, we stay up-to-date on any legal and administrative changes that may impact our clients. Today, we want to bring your attention to two upcoming fee increases that will come into effect on 1st May2024. 1. Court and Tribunal Fees: Her Majesty’s Courts and Tribunals Service (HMCTS) recently announced a 10% increase […]

New Platform Updates to Enhance Your Debt Recovery Experience

At Debt-Claims Solicitors, our mission has always been to provide you with an accessible, comprehensive platform for all your debt recovery needs. As part of this commitment, we’re excited to announce a series of significant updates to our platform, launching on the 6th of May 2024. These enhancements are designed to streamline your experience, expand […]

Contact via
WordPress Video Lightbox